13 June 2007

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

As you may have noticed my newest phase of crafting is clothing. Now, I've always avoided making things that could be worn. I'm not sure why. For years after learning to crochet I only made afghans. I think there was something comforting (and confidence building) in only having to make a rectangle. No armhole shaping or waist decreases. Actually it wasn't until last year when I got pregnant that I first decided to tackle sweaters. I was pleased with the results and now I'm sewing them....

I have an overabundance of plain while onesies. Everyone swears by them...but I'm more of a t-shirt and cloth diaper Mama myself. "Use them as a first layer"...is a quote I've already heard too many time...but what kid wants to be dressed for a blizzard when the air conditioner in their house isn't working very well? The Pea has been hanging out in her diaper and plain white onesies. (Yes, I'm started to feel guilty that her closet is full of beautiful clothes that she isn't wearing....but I'll get over that when they're at the Consignment shop). The onesies were a bit on the boring side...so I started using vintage or recycled cloth/material to fancy them up.

Here are the results....(Some of these have since been tea or kool-aide dyed)...
The Earth and Trees ones are my favorites thus far...


This one was inspired by my Mother...the bird lady


This basket coming with me to the Fibers Festival on 22 September at the Phoenixville Farmer's Market. I'll have a beautiful table set up where you and all your friends and family (and acquaintainces...and people you haven't met yet) can come and purchase my goods.....
I made some nice sets. Hehe...
The flowers are my second favorite.

1 comment:

Katie said...

wow. the onsies are amazing! not only is soph going to be the best-dressed babe in town, you're going to spruce up all of pheonixville! xoxo